The world’s most evolved motocross helmet has evolved. Fully loaded with next-level performance, safety, style and progression, the all-new VFX-EVO proudly boasts the SHOEI-exclusive Motion Energy Distribution System [M.E.D.S.]—strategically engineered to reduce rotational acceleration energy to the head in the event of an accident. Completely reimagined and re-engineered without sacrificing an ounce of the quality and performance that have given SHOEI motocross and off-road riders championship-worthy confidence for nearly a decade, the all-new VFX-EVO defines the future of performance.
Shell Design + Aerodynamics
State-of-the-art shell forming technology incorporates the aerodynamic advantages of a spoiler into the shell. Consistent shell thickness guarantees proper strength and weight. Shell-integrated goggle channel forms perfect goggle retention system. Large eyeport provides massive peripheral field of vision and facilitates oversized goggles.
Motion Energy Distribution System [M.E.D.S.]
SHOEI-exclusive rotational energy absorption technology. Anchored by a larger center column, inner EPS layer swings during impact. Strategically-designed perimeter columns absorb rotational energy. Significant reduction of rotational forces to the rider’s head. Preserves the lightweight, impact-absorbing characteristics of SHOEI’s traditional EPS systems.
Specially designed for a seamless connection with the shell. Provides superior roost protection and channels cooling air into helmet. Utilizes highest point of adjustability as its standard “home” position. New flange mechanism to easily find home position and prevent unexpected movement. High-grade polycarbonate screws are capable of shearing off during impact to reduce forces to the rider’s head.
Equal parts style, functionality and safety. Wind tunnel-refined for optimal cooling. Reinforced by a strategically-placed strip of AIM+ shell material. Aluminum mesh screen and removable, washable foam filter prevents roost, rocks, mud, and dust from entering helmet.
Boasting sixteen (16) intake and exhaust vents in total. Wind tunnel-tested for optimal vent port shapes, sizes and locations. Improved negative air pressure suction for enhanced cool-air intake and hot-air expulsion. Cooling air channels in the dual-layer EPS liner further enhance airflow. Optimized to excel in the demanding confines of off-road and motocross environments.
- Lightweight, Advanced Integrated Matrix Plus (AIM+) shell construction combines high performance with organic fibers to create a shell structure that is lightweight, rigid and resilient
- Expanded rib shapes across the rear enhances strap-holding performance for goggle wearers
- Four shell sizes increase fit options that help comfortably fit most head sizes
- Aerodynamic properties are maximized through extensive wind tunnel and rider testing
- Extra front intake vents combine with rear exhaust outlet vents and an enlarged neck outlet vent to maximize flow-through ventilation
- Cool air passes through the front intake vents, cools the helmet interior, and is exhausted through the rear vents by the force of negative air pressure
- 3D Max-Dry removable liner system material absorbs two times its weight in moisture
- E.Q.R.S. (Emergency Quick Release System) features special straps under the cheek pads which allow them to be easily removed, so the helmet can be quickly taken off by emergency personnel after an accident
- Aggressively shaped, streamlined V-470 visor is easily installed or removed with three external screws, using the center screw to adjust for optimal visibility
- M.E.D.S (Motion Energy Distribution System), a flexible insert that helps absorb sudden impact to the head in the event of a crash
- Larger mouth piece for improved air intake
- Ergonomically shaped mud guard
- Snell M2015 and DOT approved